The podium in C15 houses the following components:
- PC running Windows 10
- HDMI cable with laptop adapter ring attached
- Podium microphone (wired) and wearable wireless microphone, both of which connect to 6 speakers in the ceiling
- Crestron "touch panel" for control of the projector, room audio, and video camera
- Combination recording light/button for lecture capture (see lecture capture instructions in room for use, or email email@example.com to schedule a recording)
- If the system is off, touch the Crestron screen to wake up the system. Turn the projector and lower the screen by pushing "Display Control" then "Projector: On" on the touch panel (the screen should lower automatically if it's not down). Note: You will see the projector bulb turn on before the projector warms up enough to project an image on the screen in the front. Please be patient.
- Log on to the in-room PC or connect a laptop to the HDMI cable.
- Select "Laptop" or "Room PC" from the touch panel to display on screen.
- If you are using a laptop: There is a power outlet and wired ethernet cable should they be needed.
- On the Crestron touch panel, use the Speech Volume slider (by touch) to adjust the volume on the microphones. It controls both the microphone in the podium and the wireless microphone.
- Use the Program Volume slide (by touch) to adjust the volume coming from the device that's being displayed.
- Both volume controls also have mute buttons.
When you are done:
- Logout of the PC or disconnect your laptop or other input device.
- Exit the system on the Crestron touch panel. You should see the light go off on the projector and the screen raise.
Room C15 also has Lecture/Course Capture capabilities, which allows for simultaneous recording of a presentation made from a laptop or the PC and video of the room using the camera on the rear wall. See instructions in the lectern to initiate a recording, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a recording in advance.
Send email to email@example.com for assistance.